This is a paid internship opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
The National Council of Nonprofits, a trusted resource and advocate for America's charitable nonprofits, is seeking 1-2 interns for the fall semester (and other terms) to assist on a number of key projects
Position Type: Internship - Paid
Location: Washington, DC
Time Commitment: Flexible, Up to 30 hours per week for at least 8 weeks
Desired Start date: flexible, year round
Desired Major: All majors
Desired Class Year: all class years, including graduate students
Interns, who are expected to be excellent researchers and writers, will be exposed to public policy issues that impact nonprofits, best practices in nonprofit management and operations, and regulatory/legal requirements that impact all nonprofits. Responsibilities will include research and writing, monitoring trends, making oral presentations to staff, and assisting with updating and creating new web-based resources for nonprofits. Dependable attendance, professionalism, and punctuality expected.
Dartmouth graduate Jennifer Chandler ’82, Vice President and Director of Network Support and Knowledge Sharing, will mentor any Dartmouth interns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and report on trends and themes related to nonprofits, their economic impact, and relations with state and local governments.
• Identify resources to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations.
• Assist in updating various sections of the National Council of Nonprofits’ website.
• Support staff with project and administrative tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent research, writing and editing skills.
• Experience working as a volunteer or paid staff at a nonprofit(s) a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, and receptivity to receiving feedback;
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs; Word and Excel required.
• Knowledge of Adobe software (especially Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop) preferred but not required.
• Availability to be in the office a minimum of 20 hours a week is strongly preferred.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, contact information for two references, and 1-2 page writing sample that showcases your persuasive communications skills to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NO calls please. Only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
The Council of Nonprofits is conveniently located at 1200 New York Avenue NW, Suite 700, Washington, D.C., 20005. The office is near the Metro Center station on Metro’s Blue, Orange, and Red lines.
The Council of Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to an equal employment opportunity
The Rockefeller Center occasionally posts opportunities for students to become involved in the political process. Such postings do not constitute an endorsement of the political objectives of any person or organization.